Are you ready to take the next step in your artistic journey to the freedom and expression of Abstraction? If yes, then this day course could be for you.
Learn the process of abstraction in painting by delving into mark making, colour work, composition, under and over painting, and the importance of surface.
Bring your own painting materials and equipment.
• A3 Paper (and/or similar surfaces) to paint on e.g., thick 140 – 300gram drawing paper, card board, craft paper etc.
An A3 drawing pad would be suitable. Students will need a minimum of 8 sheets paper.
NB. How many or how few paintings are attempted is up to the student.
• 1 -2 canvases, up to student how many; A3 size approx. (or larger)
• Paints – Acrylic paint (best), or Gouache, or watercolour; all basic or favourite colours; *Oil or enamel paints are not suitable
• Brushes, variety from very large to small
• 2 x plastic water containers
• 2 x Painting palettes (“multiple use” white plastic plates are best)
• Paper roll
• Retarder Medium (slows drying time for acrylic paint and Gouache only)
• Anything else that students may wish to experiment with
• Painting apron (students should also wear painting or old clothes and shoes)
• Protective gloves if students have skin sensitivity to paints
• E.g., Paint Colours: Titanium White, Cadmium Yellow, Cadmium Red (true red), Crimson (cool red), Ultramarine Blue, Phthalo Blue, Black; OR any Beginner’s Set of good quality acrylic paints (100ml tube size).
There is plenty of parking onsite but please DO NOT TURN RIGHT into the carpark. You could endanger yourself, any passengers and any others on the road.
The centre should be approached from the South, either at the south end of Auburn Street, or by turning into Auburn Street from Swan or West Streets.
- Food and Drink
There is a Zip Tap available for those who wish to BYO cup plus tea/coffee/milk supplies.
Please BYO refreshments for your use only.
- Confirmation of Course and Purchase of Materials
At times WEA must cancel classes due to lack of enrolments. To avoid undue costs please do not purchase any materials until your course has been confirmed as going ahead.
Please call the WEA office on phone: (02) 4226 1622 three days prior to the commencement of the class to confirm that it will be going ahead.
- No Smoking
Please note that WEA is a smoke-free business and smoking is not allowed in the building in the carparks or in any outside area on WEA property.
- COVID and your Safety
If you are feeling unwell or displaying covid or cold and flu symptoms, please stay at home and notify our office that you will not be attending classes.
Our staff may ask you to leave if you appear to be unwell so that we protect our students and staff. We will operate according to Public Health Orders as required.