Share your passion for learning and your tutoring skills with us and make a difference for others. We’re always on the lookout for new course ideas and tutors who are skilled in those areas to help us share them with our students. If this sounds like you, why not become a WEA Tutor?
Become a Lifestyle Course tutor
Do you have a passion for teaching? Are you a skilled and inspiring tutor? Do you have the potential to become one? If you have a course that you feel may suit WEA Illawarra, email us with an expression of interest. Include the relevant lesson plan and your CV. Download our lesson plan template below.
Become a foundational skills trainer / assessor
Teaching adults Foundation Skills is a rewarding career. You will however, need some qualifications yourself in order to become a Foundations Skills tutor. To teach on the Foundation Skills Program you must have:
- experience teaching Adult Literacy / numeracy in the last 2 years
- a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) or its successor, a high level qualification in adult education.
- Experience working with, or qualification in special needs education is highly desirable.
If you believe you hold an equivalent to these qualifications, please submit your resume or expression of interest.
Send your submission to the Training and Operations Manager, either via email [email protected]or hard copy to PO Box 1472 Wollongong 2500.
Become a vocational trainer
Looking for a vocational teaching / training opportunity? WEA Illawarra are always on the lookout for new trainers and teachers. To apply to teach vocational training at WEA Illawarra you need to:
- hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) or its successor, or a diploma or a high level qualification in adult education.
- hold a relevant qualification or be able to show relevant experience in their subject matter area
- be able to demonstrate current industry experience
- show demonstrated assessment practice including participation in assessment validation.
If you believe you hold the above or the equivalent to these qualifications, please submit your application including a copy of your current training qualification and a CV outlining both your experience in training and assessment and your subject matter.
All trainers/assessors are engaged on a sessional basis. WEA operates on an eligibility list for potential trainers and assessors. When work becomes available, you will be called for an interview where you will be asked to bring samples of lesson plans and contextualised assessment tools.
Submit your resume or expression of interest to our Training and Operations Manager either via email [email protected] or post a hard copy to PO Box 1472 Wollongong NSW 2500.